Friday, May 8, 2009

Art & Advertising- Are they related?

YES. Advertising is art. I think that they definitely fall into the same category. I guess I would define art as self-expression and using your own creativity to express how you feel and get your point across to the others around you. This is what ads are too aren't they? They use different tactics to catch their audiences attention to ultimately get their point across. By using sounds, different lighting and certain picked out actors they work to pull you into their product that they are selling. This is also what an artist does, they pull you into their art piece and have you try to understand what their message that their trying to get across. Yes, I do think that advertising is more vocal about their purpose but I think that ultimately art does the same thing just in a more subtle way.

No comments:

Post a Comment